Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio) is used for the treatment of certain types of cancer. For the treatment of postmenopausal women, it is given in combination with an aromatase inhibitor as initial endocrine-based therapy. The following are the types of breast cancer:
- Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
- HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Why use Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio)?
Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio) is considered as anti-cancer (antineoplastic) drug. This medication belongs to the class of drugs called kinase inhibitors. This tablet is also classified as Cyclin-Dependent kinase inhibitor. In the year 2017, Abemaciclib has already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this anti-cancer medication here at its affordable price.
How does Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio) work?
Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio) is a reversible small molecule Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor. It blocks proteins in cells called Cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 4 and CDK 6. It stops the cells from multiplying by blocking some proteins in hormone positive breast cancer cells. It helps stop the cells from moving from G1 to S cell cycle phase in the division process. This slows the growth of cancer.
How to use Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio)?
Abemaciclib is to be taken by mouth twice a day. Take it at the same time each day. Do not break the tablet before swallowing. Take it as a whole. This medication may be taken with or without food. If your doctor has prescribed you another dose, follow it promptly.
What are the side-effects of Abemaciclib Tablets (Verzenio)?
The following are the common and less common side-effects of Abemaciclib that may occur while you are taking it:
- Low blood counts
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Altered kidney and liver function
- Fever and cough
- Joint aches
- Taste changes
- Mouth sores
- Weight and hair loss
- Dizziness and headache
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, inform first your doctor if you have any other medications (vitamins, herbal supplements).
- While taking Abemaciclib, do not receive any vaccination without your doctor’s approval.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. Abemaciclib may be unsafe to the fetus.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and be sure to get an exact rest.
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same conditions as yours.
- Consult also your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
- Keep this medicine at a dry and clean place. Keep away from the reach of children.