Acetic Acid (Otic Solution) treats infections that are caused by bacteria or fungus. This is an antibiotic. This is used for the treatment of the infection in the ear canal. Treating the infection lessens the pain and swelling in the ear. Wetness in the ear canal can help fungus and bacteria to grow.
Why use Acetic Acid (Otic Solution)?
Acetic Acid (Otic Solution) may contain a drying ingredient such as alcohol or glycerine. The drying of the ear canal helps cure the infection. This is available as a nonaqueous otic solution buffered at pH 3 for use in the external ear canal. This medication is already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Acetic Acid (Otic Solution) work?
Acetic Acid (Otic Solution) works by stopping the growth of bacteria and fungus. It lessens the pain and swelling in the affected area. This helps prevent the development of the infection.
How to use Acetic Acid (Otic Solution)?
Before using Acetic Acid (Otic Solution), clean first the ear canal. Remove any crust or any material. Wash your hands and soak a small piece of cotton with several drops of this medicine. Insert the cotton into your ear and leave it for about 24 hours. Keep it moist by adding 3 to 5 drops to the cotton every 4 to 6 hours. After using this medication, wash again your hands thoroughly. Follow promptly the prescribed dosage of your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Acetic Acid (Otic Solution)?
These are the possible side-effects that may occur while using this treatment:
- Temporary stinging or burning in the ear canal
- An allergic reactions (rash, itching or swelling)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
If these side effects continue or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
These are the things that you need to be precautious with using this treatment:
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Do not use this anymore if past the expiration date.
- If your condition do not get better or become worse, call your doctor right away.
- Do not share this with others.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history or any allergies.
- Do not use other ear medications unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep this at room temperature and away from the moisture and heat.
- Keep this away from the reach of children and pets.