Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate) is indicated for the management of breakthrough pain in cancer patients. This is for those who are already having a maintenance opioid therapy for their underlying persistent cancer pain. Breakthrough pain is a transitory exacerbation of pain. It happens on a background of otherwise controlled relentless pain. This medication is designed to be dissolved slowly in the mouth to enable transmucosal absorption.
Why use Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate)?
Actiq contains Fentanyl Citrate. It belongs to the class of drugs called opioid (narcotic) analgesics. This is an oral transmucosal lozenge and a solid formulation of fentanyl. Actiq is formulated as a white to off-white solid drug matrix on a handle. It is a fracture resistant under normal conditions when used as directed. The handle lets the drug to be detached from the mouth. It happens if there’s a sign of too many opioid effects appear during administration. This is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved treatment. You can buy this here at its very reasonable price.
How does Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate) work?
Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate) which is an opioid agonist whose principal therapeutic action is analgesia. This medication is given to relieve the pain that cancer patients are experiencing. This works in cancer patients 16 years of age and older.
How to use Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate)?
The initial dose for this medication is always 200mcg to treat episodes of breakthrough cancer pain. The medicine should be consumed over 15 minutes. Do not use this in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. If this medicine seems to stop working in relieving your pain, tell it to your doctor. Do not twice the dosage that is given by your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate)?
Common side effects of Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate) may include:
- Depressed mood
- Mild drowsiness or dizziness
- Mild rash
- Signs of an allergic reaction (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling)
If these continue or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- While you are using this treatment, do not drink alcohol. Avoid driving or using machinery. Severe drowsiness or dizziness can cause falls or other accidents.
- If you have any medical history or current medications, tell it to your doctor.
- Do not share this medicine with others who are experiencing the same condition as yours.
- Keep this at a dry, clean place and away from children’s reach.