Advair Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate) is for the treatment of asthma. This is used in patients aged 4 years and older. This can also be used in adults for the maintenance treatment of COPD. Advair Diskus reduces COPD exacerbations. COPD is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Why use Advair Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate)?
Advair Diskus is a combination of Fluticasone Propionate and salmeterol xinafoate. This is a purple plastic inhaler that has a foil blister strip. Each blister on the strip contains:
- Micronized salmeterol xinafoate salt
- White powder mix of micronized fluticasone propionate
- Lactose monohydrate that contains milk proteins
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication. This is available online at its very affordable price.
How does Advair Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate) work?
This medication has a combination of two active ingredients. Those are salmeterol and fluticasone. Salmeterol belongs to the class of medications called bronchodilators. It eases the muscles in the walls of the small airways in the lung. It keeps the air passage open and making it easier to breathe. Fluticasone belongs to the class of medications called corticosteroids. It reduces inflammation in the lungs. It also helps reduce the swelling and irritation in the walls of the small air passages in the lungs. This helps open the airways and improve breathing.
How to use Advair Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate)?
The usual prescribed dosage for adults and 4-year-old patients is one inhalation. It is given with the appropriate strength and given twice daily. Follow your doctor’s dosing instruction very carefully. To avoid other complications, do not twice the given dose.
What are the side-effects of Advair Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate)?
- Body pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Spinning sensation
- Tongue, mouth, or throat irritation
- Muscle cramps or pain
If these side effects continue or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women before using this treatment.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- If you have any allergies, medical history, and current medication tell it your doctor.
- This may increase your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes consult a doctor first.
- If an overdose happened, seek medical assistance right away.
- Discuss with your doctor about the benefits and risks that this treatment will give you.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or pets.