People who don’t know about this kind of disease may have some problems. Botulism can make rare problems like:
- A weak muscles
- A weak muscle control in the eyes, face, mouth, and throat
- A muscles that weakens the neck and arms
- A weakened torso and legs
- A weak muscle such as breathing
This problem is due of difficulty in breathing. It may lead the person to death.
SIGNS / SYMPTOMS
The signs/symptoms will give you the clue that you already have this kind of disease. Read carefully to prevent this kind of disease:
- Double of vision
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blurring of vision
- Having a dry mouth
- Weakens of the muscles
- A thick-feeling tongue
- Drooping of eyelids
- Slurred speech
Infants can also have this kind of disease such as:
- Having a floppy tone (poor muscle tone)
- Feed poorly
- Being constipated
- Having a weak cry
- Appear lethargic
This kind of disease is caused by the toxin.
- Infected with a certain drug – (a black tar heroin). This person put themselves at a greater risk of getting wound botulism.
- People who drink alcohol – prisoners who drink alcohol such as pruno or hooch. An alcohol made in prisons. The prisoners put themselves at a greater risk of having foodborne.
- People who eat home-canned – foods haven’t been prepared safely. They also have greater chances to be seriously sick.
- People who get botulinum toxin injection – for some beautifying products or medical reason. For the ones who receive dose is too large. They are children or aging less than an adult or if they have an underlying problem with their nerves or muscle.
- Brain Scan
- Spinal fluid exam
- Tensilon test for myasthenia gravis
- Nerve and muscle function test nerve conduction study (NCS) and electromyography
From this diagnosis, the doctor can recognize if what is making you sick. The doctor may suggest you a laboratory test. It is to look for the toxins and bacteria that cause botulism.
In preventing foodborne botulism, you may follow these simple steps; eating of:
- Green beans
For some cases, sometimes doctor have to clean up the digestive system. It’s by doing some induced vomiting and giving medications to induce bowel movements. If you have wound botulism, doctors may need to remove damaged/infected tissue surgically.