Daklinza (Daclatasvir) is for the treatment of hepatitis C (Hep C). It is a disease of the liver that is caused by a virus. A virus is a very tine germ that makes copies of itself to survive by a process called replication. The Hep C virus has at least six different strains, those are called genotypes. This medication is specifically indicated to use together with sofosbuvir. This may also be used with or without ribavirin.
How does Daklinza (Daclatasvir) work?
Daklinza (Daclatasvir) binds to the N-terminus of NS5A. It also inhibits both virion assembly and viral RNA replication. It interferes with a protein that is needed to complete the Hep C virus life cycle in the liver cell.
Why use Daklinza (Daclatasvir)?
Daklinza (Daclatasvir) is a direct-acting antiviral (DAA) medication. DAAs are a group of oral treatment that directly blocks the ability of the hepatitis C virus to make copies of it. This medication is an NS5A replication complex inhibitor. Daklinza has 30mg, 60mg, and 90mg of Daclatasvir for oral administration. This treatment has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Daklinza (Daclatasvir)?
The dose and dosing instruction will depend on your condition and response.
Daklinza (Daclatasvir) is usually taken one tablet a day. It is to be taken in combination with sofosbuvir. You may take it with or without food. The suggested treatment duration is 12 weeks.
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit of it. Take it at the same time each day or exactly as it is directed. Follow the prescription of your doctor very carefully.
What are the side-effects of Daklinza (Daclatasvir)?
Common side effects:
- Low levels of iron in the blood (anemia)
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current treatments.
- You should not breastfeed if you are taking this medicine.
- This is not prescribed for pregnant women.
- This may have the potential of serious heart problems when taken Daclatasvir and sofosbuvir together with amiodarone. Talk with your doctor the risks and benefits that this medication has.
- Do not share this with others even if they have the same condition as yours. Let them consult their doctor first.
- Do not use this longer than the prescription.
- Keep this away from heat, moisture, and reach of children.