Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream is used for the treatment of a variety of skin conditions. It reduces the itching, swelling, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. Some of the skin conditions may be;
This cream may be used as part of combination therapy. You may need to use it with other medications.
How does Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream work?
Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream works by lessening the body’s production of certain chemicals. These chemicals are called leukotrienes and prostaglandins. Those are the cause of itching and swelling in the body.
Skin condition occurs when irritation of the skin or an allergic reaction causes various substances. That it is released in the skin that makes blood vessels widen. It results in an irritated area that becomes swollen, red, painful, and itchy.
Why use Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream?
Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream is a strong corticosteroid. This cream is intended for topical administration. It contains an active ingredient of Fluocinonide. It belongs to the group of medications called corticosteroids. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream?
Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream is to be used on the skin only. Do not use it on the face, underarms, or groin unless it is directed by your doctor.
Before using the cream, wash your hands first. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin film of medication and gently rub in. It is usually used 2 to 4 times a day.
After applying, wash your hands properly unless you are using it to treat your hands. Use this cream only for the condition which it was prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream?
- Skin burning
- Peeling or dryness
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Thinning or softening of your skin
- Changes in the color of treated skin
- Crusting of treated skin
- Stretch marks
Warnings and Precautions
- Let your doctor know if your condition continues or get worse after 2 weeks.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to it or if you have any allergies.
- Tell your doctor if you have any current medications/treatments.
- Avoid getting this medication in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If it happens, rinse right away with plenty of water.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from heat and moisture.