Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride) is indicated for the treatment of urinary tract symptoms or certain bladder. This medication is a smooth-muscle relaxant. It helps to lessen;
- Leaking of urine
- Frequent trips to the bathroom
- Feelings of needing to urinate right away
- Bladder pain
How does Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride)?
Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride) works by relaxing the involuntary muscle that is found in the wall of the bladder. This muscle can at times contract in uncontrollable spasms. This can cause uncontrollable urges to pass urine, an increase in the number of times you need to pass urine, and involuntary leakage of urine. By relaxing the muscle in the bladder wall, this medicine lessens unstable contractions of the bladder. This increases the capacity of the bladder.
Why use Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride)?
Urispas Tablet has Flavoxate Hydrochloride as an active ingredient. It is a type of medicine called a muscle relaxant. This comes as a tablet for oral use. Each round, white, and film-coated tablet has a strength of 100 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication.
How to use Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride)?
Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride) is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. It is usually taken 3 to times a day. You may take the drug with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take it with food or milk.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response. Your doctor may lower your dose after your symptoms have improved. Do not increase your dose or take more often without consulting your doctor. Let your doctor know if your condition persists or worsens.
What are the side-effects of Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride)?
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Spinning sensation
Tell your doctor if you have these serious side effects:
- Eye pain
- Mental/mood changes (confusion)
Warnings and Precautions
- This is not recommended if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this, tell also to your doctor if you have any medical history.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires your alertness. This drug may make you feel dizzy or drowsy.
- Let your doctor know if you are allergic to this drug. Tell as well if you have any allergies. This drug may contain an inactive ingredient that causes an allergic reaction.
- You should not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this far from the reach of children.