A-Methapred is an injectable form. It lessens your immune system’s reaction to several symptoms such as pain, swelling, and allergic-type reactions. This prescription is used to give treatment to the following:
- Blood disorders
- Severe allergic reactions
- Certain Cancers
- Eye conditions
- Lung diseases
- Immune system disorders
Why use A-Methapred?
The A-Methapred sterile powder contains methylprednisolone sodium succinate as the active ingredient. It belongs to the group of medicines called corticosteroids. It is very soluble in water and alcohol. This is a steroid that prevents the release of the substance in the body that may cause inflammation. This medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does A-Methapred work?
A-Methapred has specific glucocorticoid effects that predominantly act to reduce the body’s normal inflammation and the response of your immune. This is achieved by altering the expression of various genes within the tissue cells. This medication is also used by people who are not able to produce enough of their own corticosteroid naturally.
How to use A-Methapred?
The recommended dosage of A-Methapred sterile powder is 30mg/kg administered intravenously over at least 30 minutes. The dose may be repeated every 4 to 6 hours for 48 hours. Dosage may be reduced to children and infants. It should be governed more by the severity of the condition and the response of the patient. It should not be less than 0.5mg/kg every 24 hours.
What are the side-effects of A-Methapred?
A-Methapred may cause some side-effects such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and headache
- Trouble sleeping
- Appetite changes
- Redness and swelling at the injection site
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision and eye pain
- Bruising and thinning skin
Warnings and Precautions
- Inform your doctor about any illness or infection that you had within the past several weeks.
- Tell also to your doctor if you have diabetes. This medication may increase your glucose levels in your blood or urine.
- Ask your doctor if you are prescribed to take this if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you are allergic to any containing ingredients of this medication and if there is an allergic reaction, contact your doctor right away.
- Inform your doctor also if you have any medical history.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Keep this away from the heat and from the reach of children.