What condition does Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromide treat?
Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromideis a combined medication used for the treatment of stomach or intestinal disorders such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bowel infections
This medication helps reduce the symptoms of intestinal and stomach cramping. This also creates a calming effect that helps lessen anxiety.
Chlordiazepoxide HCL belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Clidinium Bromide is a synthetic anticholinergics agent. This medication has a pronounced antispasmodic and antisecretory effect on the gastrointestinal tract that lessens stomach spasms and cramps. This combined medication has already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How does Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromide work?
Clidinium Bromide works by slowing the natural movements of the gut. This also helps relax the muscles in the stomach and intestines.
Chlordiazepoxide HCL acts on the brain and nerves to create a calming result. This medication also blocks the acid secretion of the gastrointestinal tract. It inhibits the actions of nerves that are very active in a certain disease.
What is the recommended dosage for Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromide?
This prescription is usually taken 3 to 4 times a day. You may take each dose at bedtime, 30 to 60 minutes before meals. Swallow the medicine as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not forget to take the medicine at the same time every day.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to it. Older adults may start with a lower dose to decrease the risk of side effects. Do not take this medication more often or increase your dose without your doctor’s consent.
When this medication is used for a long time, it may not work as well. Your doctor may need to increase your dose or change your medication. Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well.
What are the side effects of Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromide?
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth or eyes
- Skin rash
- Irregular menstrual period
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of coordination
- Decreased sweating
What are the precautions in taking Chlordiazepoxide HCL-Clidinium Bromide?
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications (vitamins or herbal supplements).
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, urinary problems, or vision problems.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women before using this medication.
- You should know that this medication may make you drowsy. Do not operate machinery or drive a car until you know how it affects you.
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medicine. For this reason, this medicine should be used with caution in older adults.
- This drug may make you sweat less which makes you more likely to get heatstroke. Avoid doing things that might cause you to overheat, such as exercise or hard work in hot weather, or using hot tubs. When the weather is hot, drink a lot of fluids and dress lightly. If you overheat, quickly look for a place to cool down and rest. Get medical help right away if you have a fever that does not go away, headache, mental/mood changes, or dizziness.